Suggestions for Success
08 . 12 . 13
21 Suggestions for Success by H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and that’s worthy of your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive even if it means you’ll sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your Mom proud.
I came across this list yesterday and thought it would be perfect to start off the week. The only thing I would add is to travel as much as possible. It broadens your mind and is always inspiring.
Photo by me via instagram.
Thanks for sharing!
Love this. And yes this is great for Monday morning!
great post! have to read this every day. xx
A great Mantra, then make a second very thought out list of what you must have in a partner.Add to it often.
Feature: Designer Barry Dixon
perfect way to start the week.
This is awesome, thank you for sharing 🙂
Love this! Thank you for sharing!
Amen! Thanks for posting.
I love this list, Heather. I agree with every single suggestion, and especially your addition as well! 🙂